Monday, April 7, 2008

A Spirtual Day

It is hard for those who are not members of the church to understand how a funeral can be a joyful celebration. We know we will see Grandpa again. In a way it is like sending a missionary away. We are happy that the missionary is worthy 0f the call, but we are sad to see him or her go. We were sad to see Grandpa go, but we knew his life was in order and that he had passed the test and will gain his exaltation. The only difference between his call and that of an earthly missionary is that we the time of reunion is uncertain. For some of us it may by only a short time, for others it may be many years. But we will be with him again. Of this I testify. I love you all and enjoyed our time together this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you in July.

1 comment:

Grandma Edington said...

I agree with your father. Grandpa Barney has left for a very special mission. I hope and pray we will all live our lives in such a way that we will be worthy to join him when our time come to enter our eternal mission. We can all honor Grandpa Barney and Grandpa Buck by living our lives worthy of an eternity with them. In conference I heard a statement that really struck me. "Salvation is individual but exaltation can only be gained with a family." I pray for exaltation for every member of our eternal family. Know that your dad and I love and appreciate everyone of you for who you are and what you do each day to serve the Lord and your families. Love Mom