Thursday, April 3, 2008

Memory of grandpa

I think that sometimes I might have took for granted the fact that I had grandparents so close to me. You know not everyone could walk less than a mile to visit there grandparents. And now that Grandpa is passed away I keep asking myself why didn't I visit with him more why I lived there. But the times I did spend with grandpa were always so much fun. He gave us so much. A wonderful cabin in Alpine ponds to fish in and good meat to eat not to mention the best watermelons around. He taught us how to work hard and how to know if a watermelon was ripe. I remember him telling us if you eat the watermelon seeds one would grow in your stomach. I remember when he let me feed the calves with a bottle I thought I was so big and cool. It was so much fun helping him with what ever he needed. I will truly miss him but as dad said he is in a happier place and we will see him again.

1 comment:

Grandma Edington said...

Amy, thank you for the memories of Grandpa Barney. I will miss him more than you can imagine but I am grateful for the opportunity I have had of living so close to him and spending time with him. He was a wonderful example to me and I pray that I can be as good a person as he was. I hope I can live up to his example and be blessed to see him again someday. (hopefully not too soon) Love you Mom