Monday, November 10, 2008

New Kittens


Aaron is so cute with these kittens. They love to climb on him. He doesn't seem to mind.
Jacob is so good with the kittens. They adore him. He is our animal lover. Jacob used to wake up every morning (he's our early riser), and ask, "Can I play video games?" Now, he wakes up saying, "Can I get the kittens out and play with them?" Much better, I think.

So, these are our new kittens. We got them from the Trepanier's. They found 6 kittens abandoned near a water heater. When their kids came for piano, they asked us if we wanted some kittens. I told them, "We might. Let me call my husband and ask him." I knew what the kids answer would be. You see, about two weeks ago, the boys left the back door open ALL night long. Thank goodness it wasn't as cold then as it is now. I usually check all the doors before I go to bed, but I was exhausted that night. I went straight to bed. The next day, Kevin put out some mice traps and we caught three mice! I would much rather have cats than mice. I don't know why those tiny little animals terrify me, but they do. Jacob loves them. We have to not let Jacob know when we catch a mouse because he always wants to keep it. They are going to be outdoor cats. We may bring them in every now and then. I don't know. So far, I actually like the cats. They are now 8 weeks old. We got them when they were 6 weeks old. I am mildly allergic to the cats, I think Benjamin is too. The cat hair stings my eyes so I have been taking some medicine every now and then when it bothers me, but not too bad so far. I am trying to have the kids keep the cats on the linoleum so the cat hair will not affect Benjamin and I so much. We love the cats. I never thought I would be a cat owner, but I like cats more than mice. Kevin actually likes them a lot. He lets them climb all over him. I don't. Who would have thought Kevin would like cats someday? Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

I have a memory of Kevin when he was a teenager asleep with one of our kittens. I know at times he was afraid to admit that he liked them. I guess he has matured enough to realize that it is okay to like kittens.