Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School in Full Swing

Well, I had every intention of posting a back to school post but that didn't happen in a timely manner so I post a little now about school.

Kelsi is in Ms. Moore's 1st grade class and enjoying it. She is very social and has already had to have her desk moved to a different place in the classroom. She likes that she doesn't have to walk back from lunch with her teacher like in kindergarten. She has also informed me several times that in her words "Friday's rock!" because there is no homework and they have show and tell.

Shaylee is enjoying preschool. I was a little concerned at first because about a week before school was to start she cried for a good 5 to 10 minutes about not wanting to go because she would miss me. As the day got closer she seemed to be handling the idea better. That morning when I was getting her ready she surprised me with her deep concerns about school. She turned to me and said "Mom, will the other kids be nice to me? Will they play with me?" It about brought tears to my eyes. I had never realized she had such fear over such things. It all went well and yes the kids were nice and played with her. She now loves it and looks forward to it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like they are enjoying themselves. It's been fun hanging out with you guys.